Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wimbledon!

As I'm sure you tennis fans know, Wimbledon started yesterday. It has been a dream of mine to attend all four Grand Slam tournaments (and as a lifelong New Yorker I have been to the US Open dozens of times) so last year I made the trip across the pond for Wimbledon. Since I didn't purchase tickets in advance (which needed to be done through a ballot system approximately six months prior to the tournament), I joined the queue. Wimbledon sells about 500 tickets each day for Centre Court (these are the people you see on tv camping out in tents), but they sell 6000 ground admission tickets. These tickets entitle you to watch any of the matches on the side courts that have unreserved seating. So, if you don't mind waiting in line, it was actually pretty easy to get tickets to the matches the day of the event.
For more details, visit wimbledon.org

No comments: